Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To Know That You Are There

You said You'd never leave me,
And yet i feel alone.
You said You're always with me
But to isolation, I am prone.
How do I know You're with me,
When no one seems to be near?
Do I simply have to have faith,
And know that my prayers, You will hear?
I dont understand this now:
Where to go from this place?
I long for the day of my death
And I'll see you face-to-face.
So when that death day comes,
And I hope that it is soon,
Happiness will come and meet me,
Until then, I stare at the moon.


I wrote this during bible study tonight, after we read a passage that included John 14:18, which says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this poem. totally true. very very good. two up. =D

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home